Beehive Academy serves students in kindergarten through 12th grades with a maximum class size of 25 students in elementary and 27 students in secondary. Beehive Academy is an open-enrollment public charter school, open to all eligible students on a space-availability basis and does not discriminate in its admissions policies or practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, religion, ancestry, or athletic performance.
Open enrollment begins in December and ends couple days before the lottery date. If, at the end of the open enrollment period, the number of Open Enrollment Applicants exceeds the number of seats available for any grade, a lottery will be held on a specified date in the month of February to determine which applicants will be enrolled in that grade. For detailed information about the lottery procedure, please check the BSTA Lottery Procedure below.
If, at the end of the open enrollment deadline and after the lottery, there are still openings, we will continue accepting applications until all openings for new students are filled. All the parents of the students selected in the lottery will be contacted following the lottery with additional information. The parents of a child selected for the enrollment must accept the position by submitting any registration related forms, documents and fees (if applicable) by a set date. If the registration forms and fees are not completed and received in a timely manner, the enrollment will be terminated and the next student on the waiting list will be considered for enrollment on that slot. Students will be accepted based on available space and grade distribution.
All parents interested in enrolling their students at BSTA must complete an online application and submit the required documents to the school front office. The first preference in admissions is given to currently enrolled students. Second preference is given to children of founding members and staff of the school. Third preference is given to siblings of students already enrolled in the school. The remaining spaces will be filled by open-enrollment applicants.
- Re-enrollment period: December 9-January 20, 2023
- Open Enrollment period: December 9, 2021-February 13, 2023
- Lottery Day: Thursday, February 16, 2023 (Now that the lottery is run, students will be accepted to available seats on a first come first serve basis. If there is a waiting list, you will be placed on the waiting list. Please follow the steps below to apply through the Lotterease program, which manages our available seats and waiting lists.)
The following sections will be offered for the 2023-24 School Year
Kindergarten: 3 sections (Free full-day Kindergarten)
6th, 7th and 8th grade: 3 sections each
1st grade: 4 sections
10th Grade: 3 sections
2nd, 3rd, 4th grades: 3 sections each
9th and 11th Grade: 2 sections each
5th grade: 2 sections
12th Grade: 1 section
*Kindergarten students have to be 5 by September 2nd, 2023. The latest birth date accepted is 09/02/2018.
ENROLLMENT AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
STEP 1: Apply to the lottery. Follow the link below to create an account on Lotterease. Fill out the information for your child who will be new to Beehive. If you have more than one child, register them separately. under the same parent account. Select a Lottery to apply for your child and submit. On Thursday, February 16th, 2023, the lottery will be run and you will be sent an automated email with more information.
STEP 2: After the lottery is run on Thursday, February 16th, 2023, you will receive an email with further instructions depending on whether your student is selected or waitlisted. If your student is selected, you will be asked to complete an online registration and provide documentation like the birth certificate, address verification, immunization etc.
- Parents, if you currently have any students attending Beehive Academy, make sure to select “Enrolled Sibling” under Application Preference Group. This will prioritize your new student in the lottery.
- Parents, if you are entering more than one child into the lottery, make sure to have them under the same parent account. If one child is selected in the lottery and you confirm attendance, your second child will be prioritized in the lottery waitlist.
- Parents, make sure to enter correct email address and phone number, so that we can reach you.
Disclaimer for Parents: Please be advised that if you falsify any information during registration or enrollment, your child’s application will be null and void, and admittance will be revoked. Any applications found to be falsified will be placed at the bottom of the waitlist.
Info about Lotterease: Parents, please be advised that we will be using a third-party system, Lotterease, to run our enrollment lottery for transparency and fairness. Since Lotterease is an independent system, the school staff do not have the ability to manipulate or adjust the lottery outcome. In addition, all activity that takes place with your application is tracked in a history log that you can view at any time by logging into the parent portal. After you create your parent account and apply for the lottery, you will receive emails from Beehive_Science_and_Technology_Academy@lotterease.com that an account has been created for you and your child(ren) and that they were entered into the lottery. You will be able to login to your account and use it in future years.
NOTE: Please be sure to add Beehive_Science_and_Technology_Academy@lotterease.com as an email contact to ensure important emails do not go to spam. Beehive Science and Technology Academy is not responsible for emails or deadlines that are missed.
Lottery Results: After the lottery is run on Thursday, February 16th, 2023, you will receive an email and a text message if your child was selected, and an email if your child was waitlisted.
RE-ENROLLMENT INFORMATION for CURRENT STUDENTS
Parents planning to re-enroll current students for the 2023-2024 school year, please check your email about instructions on how to complete the re-enrollment application on Infinite Campus or follow the instructions below.
– Go to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account on a computer or tablet. (If you don’t have a parent account yet, please contact the front office)
– Click on More and then on Reenrollment Application.
– Then, click on Start at 23-24 Existing Student Registration and follow the instructions until you hit Submit.
– This process will secure a seat for your current Beehive student(s) for the 2023-2024 school year.
THE REENROLLMENT APPLICATIONS are due JANUARY 20th, 2023.