Welcome to the Counseling Corner!
Hello! I am happy to be the school counselor at Beehive Academy. I graduated from the University of Utah in Human Development and Family Studies, and got my M.S. degree in School Counseling at Utah State University. I have experience at both traditional public and public charter schools, with all ages K-12.
I have received a student award for “best laugh” and I love when students stop by my office to say hello. I value each individual student I work with, and it’s important to me that all students feel welcome and cared about at Beehive. In my free time I enjoy spending time in nature, birding, photography, reading and traveling (pre-COVID, of course).
Here you will find useful information about colleges, careers, scholarships, social/emotional support and many more. Please feel free to contact me with any questions by email, phone, by scheduling a Zoom meeting or stopping by my office.
If you need to chat with a crisis counselor or submit a tip about a student, please click the link below for the SafeUT service.
Below is a great resource for you. This student planning guide is prepared to help you in many ways as you go throughout the years at Beehive Academy. In it you will find information that will help you make the most of middle school and high school. You should work closely with your counselor as you use this book. Our hope is that your student planning guide will help
- Learning about yourself, including your strengths, values, and goals.
- How to be successful in high school, no matter what experiences have brought you here and what direction you want to take.
- Planning classes that will help you pursue your goals, build skills and help you graduate.
- Preparing for college or training after high school, applying for scholarships, and finding the right program for you.
- Help preparing for the world of work, including building a resume, interviewing and other job search skills, and exploring careers.
- Finding ways to solve personal problems and become a full fledged, contributing member of society. You have a lot to offer!
Please feel free to contact your counselor anytime!
Download it here: BSTA Student Planning Guide
Don’t forget to go through the rest of the Counseling department pages to find information on college prep, career exploration, scholarships, mental health resources and many more.
Counselor contact information
The mission of the BSTA school counseling department is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses the academic, social, and emotional needs of every student, to ensure their success in school, career and the community.