Fee Waiver Policy
- Fees may be charged in connection with any school-sponsored activity, regardless of the age or grade level of the student, if participation is voluntary and does not affect a student’s grade or ability to participate fully in any course taught during the day.
- Fees related to extracurricular activities may be charged and established annually and can be fee waived.
- No fee may be charged or assessed in connection with any class or school sponsored activity, including extracurricular activities, unless the fee has been set and approved by the board in accordance with this policy.
- Fee schedules and policies for the school shall be adopted at least once each year by the school administration.
- The fee schedules will be developed with input and feedback from stakeholders as per the Utah rules. The school shall adopt procedures to reasonably ensure that the parent or guardian of each student receives written notice of fee schedules and fee waiver policies before the fees are due. Procedures for fee waivers shall be written in language that is easily understood and included with student registration materials.
- No present or former student may be denied receipt of transcripts or a diploma for failure to pay school fees other than a reasonable charge made to cover the cost of duplicating or mailing. No charge may be made for duplicating or mailing copies of school records in which the student is enrolled or intends to enroll.
- As part of this fee policy, fee waiver provisions are in place to ensure that no student is denied the opportunity to participate in a class or school sponsored or supported activity because of an inability to pay a fee. The waiver policy shall include procedures to ensure that:
- A person is designated in the school to administer the policy and grant waivers (school principal);
- The process for obtaining waivers or pursuing alternatives is administered fairly and objectively;
- Fee waivers or other provisions in lieu of fee waivers are available to all students who are in state custody or receiving public assistance in the form of aid to dependent children, general relief, supplemental security income or foster care, and others whose parents or guardians are financially unable to pay;
- Textbook fees are waived for all eligible students in accordance with §53-13a-4 of the Utah Code;
- Parents are given the opportunity to review proposed alternatives to fee waivers; and
- An appeal process is available, including the opportunity to appeal to the board or its designee.
- To preserve equal opportunity for all students and to limit diversion of money and school and staff resources from the basic school program, the school’s fee policies shall be designed to limit student expenditures for school sponsored activities, including expenditures for activities, uniforms, clubs, clinics, travel and subject area and vocational leadership organizations whether local, state or national.
- Expenditures for very specific uniforms, costumes, clothing and accessories, if other than typical student dress, which are required for participants in choirs, pep clubs, drill teams, athletic teams, bands, orchestras and other student groups, are fees requiring approval of the school board.
- The requirements of fee waiver and availability of other provisions in lieu of fee waiver do not apply to charges assessed pursuant to a student’s damaging or losing school property including IPAD repair, damage and lost. The school may pursue reasonable methods for obtaining payment for such charges but may not exclude students from school or withhold transcripts or diplomas to obtain payment of those charges.
- Charges for class rings, letter jackets and similar articles not required for participation in a class or activity are not fees and are not subject to the waiver requirements of this policy.
|The Fees Charged During the Registration (Annually)|
|Administrative Services||$65.00||Per Year||Supplies, equipment, services etc.|
|Bus Passes||$45.00||Per Year||Supplies, equipment, services etc.|
|Computer and Technology||$30.00||Per Year||Supplies, equipment, services etc.|
|Consumable Materials||$35.00||Per Year||Supplies, equipment, services etc.|
|Special Activities||$20.00||Per Year||Supplies, equipment, services etc.|
|The Other Fees for Class/Activity/Event/Program/Curricular and etc. :|
|Art Fee||$25.00||Materials, supplies, storage and etc.|
|IPAD Deposit (Refundable and not waived)||$50.00||Replacement and/or repair of tech supplies|
|Locker Use (Not Waived, Optional)||$10.00||Supplies, equipment, services etc.|
|Trax Pass Replacement (Not waived, Replacement)||$20.00||Supplies, equipment, services etc.|
|School Lunch Fee||$3.75||Supplies, equipment, food, services etc.|
|Concurrent Enrollment Fee (Not waived, College Credit)||$40.00/Admission $5.00/per credit||$60.00 maximum paid to SLCC||Paid to the SLCC for the services|
|Science Fair Registration||$15.00||Paid to the external organization for services|
|State Science Fair Registration||$25.00 to $35.00||Per student and depending||Paid to the external organization for services|
|Lagoon or similar activity admission||$35.00||Activity admission|
|Lagoon or similar activity travel fee||$10.00||Travel expense|
|Digital Photography Materials||$25.00||Supplies, equipment, etc.|
|Jewelry Club Materials||$10.00||Supplies, equipment, etc.|
|Robotic Club Materials and Membership||$150.00||Supplies, equipment, participation fees etc.|
|Lego Club Materials and Membership||$100.00||Supplies, equipment, participation fees etc.|
|Lego T-shirt||$15.00||Up to cost per item||Supplies, materials etc.|
|HOSA Membership||$40.00||Supplies, equipment, participation fees etc.|
|Spanish Food Experience (Restaurant)||$8.00||Food expense|
|CPR Certification||$7.50||Supplies, equipment, participation fees etc.|
|NHS Club T-shirt||$22.00||Up to cost per item||Supplies, materials etc.|
|AP Test Fee (Not waived, College Credit)||Per test taken $94.00/regular $53.00/reduced||A student can take up to 3 tests||Paid to AP organization for test|
|Special Event Participation Fee|
|School Uniform Polo with Logo||$17.00||Paid to vendor directly||Supplies, materials etc.|
|Used School Uniform Polo||$5.00||Supplies, materials etc.|
|Middle School Dance/Party||$5.00(each) $15.00 total||Supplies, equipment, participation fees etc.|
|High School Dance/Party||$15.00(each) and $45.00 total||Supplies, equipment, participation fees etc.|
|Student Council Hoodie/Dress||$35.00||Supplies, materials etc.|
|CMLP Special Activity||$15.00||3 activities per student per year||Supplies, equipment, participation, registration fees etc.|
|CMLP Special Activity Lunch||$10.00||3 activities per student per year||Food|
|Extracurricular Participation Fees (Maximum charge):|
|Pay to||Team Fee||Clinics**||Allowed|
|Play||(Max. Charge)||(Max. Charge)||Total|